Does an email you’ve asked for keep going to Spam or the promotions folder? Here is how to stop it.
How to Whitelist an Email Address with Gmail
- Open the email (If it is in the Spam folder, find it there and click “Not Spam.”)
- Click on the drop down arrow (three dots-technically it’s called the “Kabob”) which is next to the “Reply” button
- Select “Add to Contacts List”
How to Whitelist an Email Address with Outlook
- Open the email
- Right-click on the sender’s name, and click “Add to Outlook Contacts”
- Click “Save”
- On the Tools menu, click “Options”
- On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click “Junk E-mail”
- Click the Safe Senders tab
- Select the “Also trust e-mail from my Contacts” check box
How to stop emails going to the Promotions tab in Gmail
You may have trouble finding email (and responding to limited time giveaways, contests, or sales!) when it ends up in your promotions folder.
To prevent this, on a computer, drag the emails into Gmail’s Primary inbox.
- First, look for the email inside the Promotions tab. Then click, drag and drop it into the Primary tab.
- Next, a message will appear asking if you would like to do this for future messages from this sender. Select “Yes”.
- Now, you will always receive your emails in your primary inbox.
On your phone:
- Click the Kabob (those three vertical dots)
- Click “Move To”
- Select “Primary”